Terms & Conditions
This agreement is with TPG Internet Pty Ltd (ABN 15 068 383 737).
1.0 Provision of Service
- 1.1 TPG Email and Email forwarding plans do not provide the Customer with Internet access, so the Customer will require a separate dialup or broadband service in order to access their TPG email or email forwarding service.
- 1.2 TPG email and email forwarding services are only activated on receipt of the annual subscription fee.
- 2.1 Minimum subscription period: 12 months, paid in advance. This annual subscription fee is non-refundable.
- 2.2 Annual subscription fee: As specified for the Customer’s particular plan on the TPG website at the time they register or renew the plan.
- 2.3 Renewal: By email invitation, one week before the plan expires.
- 2.4 A TPG email plan or email forwarding plan will only be activated once the annual subscription fee has been received by TPG.
- 2.5 Payment options: Credit card only
- 2.6 Accepted credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club. Accounts paid with an American Express or Diners Club card will incur a surcharge of 3.13% and 2.75% (incl. GST) of the invoice amount respectively when TPG debits the card.
- 3.1 A TPG Email Only plan provides the Customer with one POP3 email account for one year. Features and limitations are as detailed on the TPG website at http://www.tpg.com.au/products_services/pop3.php.
- 3.2 The email accounts provided for free with many TPG Internet dialup and ADSL plans are POP3 email accounts.
- 4.1 A TPG Email Forwarding plan allows emails sent to a nominated TPG email account, or any attached email aliases to be forwarded to one outside email address nominated by the Customer for one year. The email forwarding service does not provide the Customer with any other email facilities, storage or Internet access. Virus filtration is performed, but SPAM or Junk Email filtration is not available.
- 5.1 A TPG IMAP plan provides the Customer with one IMAP email account for one year. Features and limitations are as detailed on the TPG website at http://www.tpg.com.au/products_services/imap.php.
- 6.1 The customer can request to cancel their email or email forwarding service any time by providing TPG with written notice. Email/postal address details can be found online at http://www.tpg.com.au/about/contact.php.
- 6.2 The Customer will not be refunded for part of a year if the service is cancelled before the end of a billing year.
- 6.3 In order for the Customer to receive emails sent to the Customer’s TPG email account after it has been cancelled, the Customer may request a once-off forwarding of this remaining email to one outside email address. This once-off option is only available to the Customer within 30 days of cancelling the service.
- 7.1 Virus filtering is performed on all email passing in or out of the TPG email servers, and will not be disabled on individual accounts. Email messages detected with a virus are rejected immediately with details of the virus. The Customer will not receive separate notification for each infected message which is rejected, but will be emailed a fortnightly summary of prevented viruses.
- 7.2 TPG Customers who regularly send virus emails, or have virus infected emails sent from their network, will be notified daily via email. Failure to fix the virus infected computer will result in a temporary block of all email services for that customer or network.
- 7.3 SPAM or Junk email filtering is performed on a per email account basis. The account holder is able to select the appropriate filtration level, or disable this service. Email detected and prevented from delivery can be viewed via a website.
- 7.4 Sender address verification is performed on all incoming emails. This is enabled by default, but can be disabled on a per email address basis.
- 8.1 TPG does not guarantee faultless storage of emails, and will not be liable for any damage or loss, including loss of time, resulting from storage faults. Emails are only temporarily stored online for Email Only/POP3 email accounts. TPG will not be responsible for emails deleted automatically once the specified storage limit is reached – details of POP 3 storage limits are available with the plan details online at http://www.tpg.com.au/products_services/pop3.php.
- 8.2 TPG POP3 and IMAP email plans offer spam filtering and virus protection facilities. These features are to help the Customer protect themselves against unwanted viruses and junk email. TPG does guarantee protection against spam or viruses and recommends that Customers make use of other available protections such as anti virus software and firewalls.
- 8.3 TPG recommends that the Customer uses email client software (i.e. an email program) which will download and store copies of the Customer’s email on their own computer and/or will enable the Customer to make hard copies of important emails.